Are you aware of what ADB drivers are? Simply we can say that ADB drivers are a combination of software with the ability to communicate with an Android device over a USB connection. Therefore, ADB drives play a significant role in Android development. If you wish to install ADB drivers on your mobile phone, you must enable your device. You can download it for free and if you are always connected to your mobile phone to your computer this is a great tool for you. This article specifically focused on install ADB in Mac.
Android Debug Bridge or ADB is a multifaceted tool that helps you with control and communication, file copying, running shell commands, installing and uninstalling apps, and many more on any Android device by using a computer via USB.
Everything About ADB Drivers
As we explained earlier ADB drivers are mainly focused on controlling Android devices by using a computer via a USB link. Apart from that, it introduced an effective tool set with an Android Software Development kit (SDK) and code. This SDK is a client-server program including three factors as follows.
A client – This component is for sending commands. It is run on your computer for the development process. With this part, you can send the command line terminal by giving an ADB command.
A daemon – A daemon or ADBD is able to run commands on a device. ADBD can run on every device working as a background process.
A server – This part is for managing client-daemon communication. It works as a background process on your machine.
When talking about the compatible operating systems of ADB drivers, it is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. This content mainly focused on ADB for Mac. Therefore, we hope to discuss further information about install ADB in Mac. So we invite you to stay with us further to learn about many details.
What Is Install ADB In Mac – Everything Explained
ADB or Android Debugging Bridge works as a bridge between your Android smart device and computer in order to complete some necessary actions. With the help of ADB drivers, you will be able to reboot your Android device in another mode or you can perform bootloader unlock as well. So let’s see what is the importance of install ADB in Mac.
If you are using a Mac computer, you can try out the Mac version of ADB drivers. ADB setup download can be used for various actions such as installing and uninstalling apps, running commands, etc. But here you need to be concerned that you can use the ADB command only when your device is on. You can use this tool to boot your device into the bootloader (recovery menu), install apps, and many more. And also your device needs to be on the bootloader mode in order to use Fastboot commands.
You can use these Fastboot commands to flash zip files or IMG, format system, and other relevant operations. Fastboot mode works not only on Mac but also Windows and Linux as well.
Step Guide To Install ADB In Mac
In this paragraph, we are giving a step guide to how to run ADB on Mac easily. Some users might think that installing ADB on Mac can be a bit difficult when compared to Windows. But with this guide, you can easily install ADB on your Mac device. There are two different methods to install ADB on your Mac device. Those are,
- Homebrew method
- Manual Method
The Homebrew method is the easiest way to install ADB on your Mac and once you use it, it automatically provides the updates as well. So let’s see the step guide of the Homebrew method.
- In order to try this method, first of all, you are required to install Homebrew on your Mac computer. After that, you can easily install Android platform tools.
- Now you need to open a terminal on a Mac computer and give a command to run. That terminal will install Homebrew on your Mac device.
- You will be asked to enter a password during the process of installation. It will take a maximum of 10 mins to complete the whole installation process.
- Now you have to install ADB Mac platform-tools on your Mac PC.
- After that, you are required to connect your Android smart device to the Mac computer and run the ADB device command.
- You will see a popup message on your Android device saying to enable USB debugging. So you have to enable it by tapping on the “Allow” button.
- Now you will be able to see the device’s serial number of the Android device on your Mac PC. So you have successfully installed ADB on your Mac device.
- That’s all. Simple isn’t it? Now you can run any kind of ADB command on your Mac device. Now you can change your Android smartphone with ADB. So just try and enjoy.
Benefits Of ADB On Mac
- You can debug Android apps – ADB provides different debugging features. It is a great help to fix and identify problems during the process of development.
- Installing Apps – you can directly install Android apps from your Mac PC. But you need to connect your Android device to the Mac computer with a USB cable.
- You can have access to advanced features – you can manually install system updates, enable developer options, modify system settings, and many more.
- You can transfer your files – install ADB in Mac allows you to transfer files between Android and Mac devices.
- It allows you to record the screen and take screenshots – ADB gives permission to take screenshots and screen recording on Android devices directly from the Mac PC.
- Uninstall apps – you can install and also uninstall apps on your Android device by using your Mac computer with the help of ADB.
This article mainly focused on install ADB in Mac. ADB is a set of software applications that helps you to control your Android device over a USB connection. ADB is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux devices. But here we have mainly focused on how to control your Android device by using your Mac PC with the help of ADB drivers. We assume that this article might be a great help for you.